Reasons Why Keto is the Best Weight-Loss Diet
According to World Health Organization, half of the world’s population is either overweight or obese. While most obese people try to lose weight, very few are able to achieve the desired results. Even among those few who succeed in attaining their body goals, still fewer are able to maintain their weight for long. The most common reason why so many people struggle with weight is linked to the inadequacies of their popular weight-loss diets.
In contrast to the major diet fads available in the market which either fail to deliver or maintain results in the long run, Keto weight loss diet offers a healthy and permanent solution to weight issues. Based on body science, Keto takes an unorthodox approach towards weight loss. Keto diet involves weight loss through a diet plan that is low on carbohydrates and rich in fat and protein intake.
Let’s learn why Keto is the quintessential diet plan for all health enthusiasts:
- Suppresses Appetite: Since Keto diet recommends intake of adequate amount of proteins, it helps in minimizing your hunger pangs. Controlled food/carbs intake is directly linked to weight loss. This is one of the primary reasons for the success of keto diet.
- Burns More Calories: Proteins require more energy for digestion, absorption and use than carbohydrates. Hence, with a keto diet your body spends extra calories to use all the protein that you are eating.
- Helps improve overall health: Excess body fat is the primary cause of fatal and dreaded diseases like diabetes, atherosclerosis, and cancer etc. As such, an ideal weight is essential to guard ourselves against such life threatening ailments. Keto has been proved to boost the functioning of metabolism. This helps you lose weight and keep it off for longer. However, the benefits of keto diet are not restricted to weight loss, and include:
Better brain health: Keto diet was initially designed to treat epilepsy. It also protects the brain from severe brain conditions such as Alzheimer and Parkinson disease. Keto diet is also believed to reduce oxidative stress in the brain and increase energy production. This results in enhanced mental sharpness and better focus in people who adopt keto.
Reduced Cancer Risk: The low-cab keto diet reduces the glucose production in your body. This starves the cancer cells that grow with the help of glucose. In this way, keto diet helps keep cancer at bay.
Diabetes control: Keto helps in controlling diabetes as it cuts down on your carbs intake. The keto diet stops blood sugar fluctuations and even improves insulin sensitivity.
Increased levels of HDL Cholesterol: Most people are scared of high cholesterol levels. However, there are two types of cholesterol-HDL and LDL. HDL is the good cholesterol that carries cholesterol away from the body and to the liver where it can be reused or excreted. LDL, on the other hand, carries cholesterol from the liver and to the rest of the body.
Keto weight loss diet helps increase the HDL levels in your body. At the same time, the diet decreases the level of triglycerides. The Triglycerides: HDL ratio is a strong indicator of heart disease. The higher it is, the greater your risk of heart disease.
Controlled levels of Inflammation: Sugar is one of the main contributors to inflammation. Since keto diet uses fat instead of sugar for energy, it helps in controlling the insulin surges in the body that result from unregulated levels of sugar. The unregulated levels of blood sugar are primarily responsible for creating inflammation in the body.
- Keto is Simple, Easy and Energizing: The reason keto weight loss diet is easier to follow than most other diet plans is that it keeps you full and satiated for longer periods of time. When you are on the keto diet, you get to consume foods such as butter, cheese, bacon, avocados etc. Being rich in fats, these foods don’t give you the hunger pangs that you normally feel with other diets.
Additionally, intake of foods that are rich in proteins and fats helps maintain your blood sugar levels. This automatically translates into high energy levels all through the day.
- Keto provides the Benefits of Antioxidants: Keto diet is also high in antioxidants. This helps in preventing or reducing the chances of oxidative damage. Along with this, a diet rich in antioxidants prevents destruction of weaker cells and aids the formation of new and stronger cells.
An increase in antioxidants helps balance out the amount of free radicals within the body. Excessive growth in free radicals leads to decreased energy levels and reduced functioning of the immune system.
Removal of free radicals from the body not only boosts your immune system, but also helps improve your memory and strengthen eye muscles.
Keto is a holistic diet plan that not only burns extra fat, but also helps improve your overall health. A keto diet is an improvement over other diet plans as it helps immunity, increases metabolism, keeps your energy levels high, and enhances your memory and brain power.